Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

NANOWRIMO: AKA: It's That Time Of Year Again....



As November fast approaches, which can only mean one thing, Nanowrimo is fast approaching.  For those of you unfamiliar with the event, NaNoWriMo (AKA: National Novel Writing Month ) is an annual creative writing project coordinated by the non-profit organization The Office of Letters and Light, which spans the month of November. The idea is for participants to write 50,000 words of a new novel in one month.

My first attempt at Nanowrimo was last year, and while I got further along in a story than I ever had before, I sadly didn't finish. So now I have an even fiercer determination to finish this year. At the moment, however, I am lacking on story ideas. I have plenty of characters running amok inside my head, but as of yet no use for them...So I am making my official declaration of participation, right here right now! Here's hoping I get an idea soon...

For those of you who also wish to participate, you can find more info here. It's actually a lot of fun and a great creative challenge. Come on you know you need/want so more creativity in your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment