Search This Blog

Friday, August 5, 2011

BONES "The Daredevil in the Mold": AKA: Why I Hate Hannah Burely...

So while I was flipping through the channels and stopped on a rerun of Bones. It was only 1/2 way into the episode that I realized which one it was.

The one where Hannah rips Booth's heart out & stomps it to pieces. Which causes me to HATE her for all time. Sorry, Katheryn Winnick, but no matter what you do in your career in the future, you will forever be that bitch who broke Angel's heart. Please note I LOVE David Boreanaz WAY more as Booth then I ever did as Angel, but he will always be Angel to me.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not saying a woman, or man, HAS to get married. If that isn't what you want that's perfectly fine, however Hannah went about it the completely wrong way. Her excuse was about how she always told him she "wasn't the marrying kind" and he just must not have been listening, is made invalid by her previous actions. She had also told Booth she would never leave the war zone to work as a correspondent stateside and yet she did exactly that. If she was willing to do that to be with him, wouldn't it be possible she also changed her mind about marriage? To make matters worse her suggestion that they "just go back" and pretend it never happened is almost insulting. He's supposed to just forget that she stomped on his heart and that she doesn't see a real permanent future with him?

Booth's speech about why do no women want what I have to offer, breaks my heart EVERY TIME. Everyone, at some point in their lives has felt hurt and unwanted. It such a well written dialogue, and David Boreanaz, delivers it beautifully. You can almost see his the moment his heart shatters into a million pieces.

Even watching the episode for the third time, even knowing what was coming, the scene still stung. Points to the writers for such an epic scene, and reminding me once again how much I love these characters and this show.

Seriously, worst mistake you ever made Hannah....

No comments:

Post a Comment