Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Fall Television: AKA: It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year

CW Ringer Promo Photo

While I love that summer brings cute outfits unburdened by coats, and winter brings the holidays, my favorite season by far is Fall. Fall bring a lot of my favorite things, Halloween (probably my favorite holiday), yummy pumpkin flavored treats (lattes, muffins, beer and more), Hoodie weather, and the opportunity to start wearing knee high socks and skirts (one of my fave combos...I own far more knee socks than anyone my age probably should) and boots (my foot wear of choice).

Most importantly though, the fall signals the beginning of NEW tv shows, and new episodes of returning favorites. Huzzah! My view schedule kicks off tonight with CW's  Ringer, starting Sarah Michelle Gellar and Nester Carbonell at 9pm....Wait..Tuesdays at 9pm? Anyone else having Buffy flashbacks here?

TV Guide describes the show as:

Ringer (CW) 
Premieres: Tuesday, Sept. 13 at 9/8c
Sarah Michelle Gellar's back! And this time, there's two of her! Gellar plays twins Bridget and Siobhan — both decidedly un-Buffy-like — in this mystery thriller that was originally developed for CBS. Bridget, a recovering alcoholic, is on the run from some baddies and decides to hide out by taking the identity of her wealthy twin sis, who is thought to be dead. Turns out taking on Siobhan's persona puts Bridget in a very different kind of danger. Lost alum Nestor Carbonell co-stars, but don't expect any sci-fi stuff, à la Lost and Buffy, on Ringer. "No hatch! No island!" Gellar says. 
 
I have to admit I am excited to have SMG back on my television screen each week. I'm even more excited to see her taking on a more grown up/non campy role. Don't get me wrong I LOVED Buffy the Vampire Slayer, still do and always will, but let's be honest here, she can't play high school forever. Since the show ended, and I get that she took time "off" to travel and be with family, which isn't a bad thing at all, but there hasn't been much that she has done that made me really excited, TMNT being the exception, because I am a huge dork.  So I am excited to see her take on new more complex character. Also, seeing Nestor Carbonell's gorgeous lashes grace my tv screen again, is a welcome addition to my fall line up.

There are plenty of other shows I'm eagerly anticipating. I'm sure after a few episodes some of the newer shows may fall to the wayside, but as of now, here's how my nights are looking:

Sunday
8pm
Once Upon a Time (10/23)

10pm
Pan Am (9/25)
Homeland (10/2)

Monday8pm
Terra Nova
(9/26)

9pm
Heart of Dixie
(9/26)

10pm
Castle
(9/20)
Playboy Club (9/19)

Tuesday8pm
NCIS
(9/20)

9pm 
Ringer (9/13)
The New Girl (9/20)

Wednesday8:30pm
Suburgatory
(9/28)

10pm
Revenge
(9/21)
American Horror Story (10/5)
Psych (10/2)

Thursday8pm
Community
(9/22)

9pm
Person of Interest
(9/22)
Bones (11/3)

Friday
9pm
Grimm
(10/21)


Winter Premieres I'm eagerly awaiting:
Alcatraz
Apt 23
Awake
The Finder
Good Christian Belles
The River
Scandal
Smash
 
Like I said I'm sure I'll fizzle out on  some of these, as every year I start off with and overly ambitious schedule, which inevitably gets trimmed down, but I am so glad that this year is offering a ton of new shows that I'm actually excited to see.

For a full calendar of fall premiers, you can download you're copy of the "Official JOpinionated 2009 Fall TV Calendar" here, created by the amazing Jo Garfein.
 
Tonight you will find me curled up on the couch with a bowl of popcorn kicking off the new fall season.

No comments:

Post a Comment