Search This Blog

Thursday, November 17, 2011

A Very Harold and Kumar Christmas 3D: AKA: It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!

Ok, I admit it, I'm a bit of a holiday junkie. I holiday shop throughout the year, decorate like crazy and on for the entire month of December go on a baking bender. Seriously starting December 1st, my kitchen is transformed into a holiday bake shop.

I also have a deep affection for Mr. Neil Patrick Harris. Personally, I think we'd make really awesome Besties. Anyways, I was able to recently witness the culmination of these two loves in A Very Harold and Kumar Christmas 3D. I can not even begin to describe the joy that overcame me when I learned this movie was being made.

A few nights ago, I roped a friend into coming with me to see, to say it would was a blissful experience is putting it mildly. Harold & Kumar Go to White Castle was funny, Harold & Kumar Escape from Guantanamo Bay had it's moments, but A Very Harold & Kumar Christmas 3D was just laugh out loud funny.

They utilize the 3D effects in the perfect, semi-cheesy way in which they were intended. There's flying eggs, traffic cones and of course smoke, what kind of Harold & Kumar adventure would it be without Mary Jane? They even threw in a drug induced hallucination done in Claymation, you really can't get more holiday spirited than that.

What so great about the latest installment of the franchise is that there's more to this film than a madcap night adventure. Harold and Kumar, have grown apart and this movie is the story of them realizing the importance of their friendship. They some how makes a stoner, sexed-up comedy into a feel good movie.  Throw in NPH poking even more fun at his public image and performing a big Radio City Christmas Spectacular-esq musical number and I was in heaven.

Seriously, this movie was the perfect way to kick off my holiday season. Oh and now I really want a Waffle Bot.


No comments:

Post a Comment