Search This Blog

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Kicking it up a notch....

Happy Thursday, one day closer to the precious weekend....Funny you wouldn't think that I had a day off this week with the way I've been craving the weekend.

Despite having  slipped into pilot season, work, at least for me has been creeping by. For those of you unfamiliar pilot season usually lasts from beginning of January till lat March, early April, it's when networks order new shows for the fall season (and some times beyond). Usually a CRAZY time for me at work, but this year not so much...most likely having to do with the stand off happening between the networks and casting directors which seems to be occurring at the mo mo. So am living in the world where I get A LOT of data entry & filing done...not my favorite world to be in....

However this does provide me with A LOT of time to think and stratigize. Last night the boy & I along with his brother and the Jeep, went to Sports Authority & picked up a stand for our punching bag...huzzah! I then proceeded to attempt to punch the crap out of it...needless to say I still need to learn how to throw a punch correctly, I have the bleeding knuckles to prove it too. It's not as bad as it sounds really...

Tonight's agenda is ROUND TWO. We'll see how that goes, tho aside from the faint sting of the cuts on my knuckles I'm not feeling nearly as bad as I expected too. So that's good. The boy asked last night if I wanted to learn in order to "beat the crap out of people OR for the cardio effects", and I answered with "can't it be both?" And he laughed and noted that for a small girl who travels through out NYC at night on her own, he was surprised I didn't know how to already. Which does raise a good point. However in my younger days I was more occupied with what new show to see than how to get/stay in shape....

Still need to work on the dietary aspect of life...not sure living off soups is such a good idea...I am in no means starving myself and the soups themselves are probably not the healthiest versions (a lot of them involve cheese) but it's gotta be better than drive thru food right?

Any quick, easy, healthy & yummy meal suggestions are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment