Search This Blog

Friday, June 1, 2012

The Pilot Season Pay Off: AKA: The CW Edition

The networks have now officially released their new shows for the fall/winter of 2012. Which means its now time to talk about the ones that have me most excited. I'm starting with the CW.






-Arrow-

As you have probably figured out if you read pretty much anything else I have posted, including this entry right here, I'm a bit of a super hero geek. Basically I have been ridiculously excited, waiting with bated breath to hear if Arrow wold be picked up. For those of you who don't know, Arrow is the CW's new show based on the DC Comics super hero The Green Arrow. I can already hear a bunch of you going "Who?" and really that's part of the beauty of choosing to create a show based on a lesser known comic character. That's not to say that The Green Arrow is unknown, just that the majority of the world is less likely to know his origins as opposed to say, Superman or Batman. Anyway, the pilot gives some insight to how wealthy playboy Oliver Queen became The Green Arrow. It has plenty of ass kicking and pretty people. Also I'm going to put it out there that I am very excited that Paul Blackthorne has another job, now that ABC has crushed my dreams and cancelled The River. Arrow will be airing on CW Wednesdays at 8pm.

-The Carrie Diaries-

Next up is the other CW pilot my heart has been all a flutter for, as shown hereThe Carrie Diaries are  based on Candace Bushnell's books, of the same name is all about the one and only Carrie Bradshaw...when she was a mere 16, living in Connecticut and had just lost her mother. AnnaSophia Robb steps into the famous Manolo Blahniks as Carrie and is a fabulous fit. For fans of the original Sex & The City, the whole tone of the show is strikingly similar, voice overs abound, but now we have the added bonus of 80's fashion. Seriously, I could not be more excited for a show's wardrobe, neon GALORE. Also be sure to take note of the adorable Brendan Dooling, who's been cast as one of Carrie's best friends, Walt Reynolds.


-Beauty and the Beast-

I am all for the reinventing of fairy tales, in fact it is one of my favorite things, and at first glace the idea of a modified Beauty and the Beast television series, at least to me sounded like a pretty cool idea. Then came the promo photo...

Now I have yet to see the actual pilot, but if that J. Crew model sporting a scar qualifies as a "beast", well then I am not fit to be seen by humans. Ever.  While I will probably still at least check out the pilot, I really don't think I'm gonna be able to buy it.

-Emily Owens, M.D.-


Another Doctor show, because the world is so desperately in need of those. This one, seems to be about how hospitals are just like high school, with cliques and drama and such. This one stars Mamie Gummer and airs Tuesdays at 9pm, after Hart of Dixie.

-Cult-
 

 I'm also very excited for the mid season replacement Cult, though I'm not entirely sure how to describe it, so I'm going with Tvline.com's description, "A journalist teams with a young production assistant working on a popular TV drama about an enigmatic cult leader to investigate the show’s rabid fans, who may be re-creating crimes from the program." Seriously, this show looks awesome. Plus the TV themed cafe featured in it is kick ass. I swear if it was a real place, I'd probably live there.


So there you go, that's what you have to look forward to on the CW. More network pick ups to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment