Search This Blog

Monday, February 6, 2012

ARROW: AKA: Please, Please, Pick This One Up

I am a super hero nerd/geek/whatever you want to call it. I would rush home from school to watch the Batman The Animated Series, and partly for that reason although Christian Bale maybe the love of my actor life, but Kevin Conroy will forever be Batman in my eyes.

Anyway, while I do not claim to be the biggest comic book aficionado, far from it, I am quite well versed in the Marvel and more so the DC Universes. Needless to say I get giddy when any of the comic book world I love gets any mainstream attention.

In what I can only assume is an attempt to fill the void left by the ending of Smallville, the CW is working on a pilot called Arrow, about Oliver Queen, better known to the world as Green Arrow. Can we all just take a moment to get excited about this? I fully admit as to not being as well versed in the Green Arrow cannon, in fact before diving further into his lore after reading the pilot script, all I really knew about this particular D.C. hero was that he sort of looked like Robin Hood and had a relationship with Black Canary, of whom I also don't know much about.

After reading what felt like endless amounts of doctor/lawyer/cop show pilots, I was beyond excited for this one. I found myself vocally reacting it, startling more then a few of my office mates at times. Soon news broke that Stephen Amell,  of Hung and Heartland,  has been cast as the title role. And lets be honest, the man is pretty easy on the eyes. If done right, this pilot could be beyond awesome. I'm really looking forward to see how they handle this show, and hopefully Arrow will make it to pick up.



No comments:

Post a Comment