Search This Blog

Monday, January 14, 2013

The Carrie Diaries Airs Tonight: AKA: Get Your Eighties On!


Happy Monday! Well, as happy as a Monday can be.  Tonight marks the season premier of The Carrie Diaries on the CW.  For those of you new to my musings I have been chomping at the bit for this show since the casting announcement of Brendan Dooling, silly musings can be revisited here. Throw in the addition of Freema Agyeman, hello Ms. Martha Jones, and I've been positively giddy.

I will fully admit to never having been a huge fan of Sex & The City, not because I have any dislike for it, I just don't have HBO and never really got into it. In actuality I've only seen a handful of episodes, so why then the excitement over The Carrie Diaries?

After all the series is meant as a prequel to the popular HBO series. It examines the life of Darling Carrie Bradshaw BEFORE she was a successful city dwelling columnist. This Carrie, played by the adorable AnnaSophia Robb, is still in high school, lives in the suburbs with her family, and still in possession of her V-card. Also, this is the 80's! Yes that's right, neon abounds!

The show itself is one of those cute coming of age stories. After all, haven't you always wondered what made Carrie, Carrie? So tune in tonight at 8pm and enjoy the ride.


No comments:

Post a Comment